Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Two Paleo Breakfasts


Kale and Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs

My Paleo Challenge is complete!  Five weeks of eschewing grains, sugar, dairy, legumes, and alcohol. Okay, I slipped up once or twice; I couldn't resist the glass of wine with my Dad at dinner one night.  But otherwise I was a good little cavewoman and made my Paleolithic ancestors proud.  The winners of the competition will be announced this Saturday - I'm not holding my breath, and I doubt I'll win, but  I WILL show up for the Paleo Potluck part of the evening!

One of the principles of the Paleo diet is eating the right nutrients at every meal:  protein, fat, and slow-release carbohydrates.  This is most important for breakfast, since we haven't eaten for ten our twelve hours!  My two favorite breakfasts during the Challenge were a Spinach Scramble, and Kale and Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs.  These were tasty, protein-laden plates that were easy to make, and easy to make ahead to save time in the morning.  They're even substantial enough for a Meatless Monday meal.  Check out my recipes at GCH!

Spinach Scramble

No comments:

Post a Comment