Saturday, March 16, 2013

Roasted Cabbage Wedges



Okay, don't recoil.  Stick with me here.  This isn't stinky, or sulfuric, or boiled to death.  Roasted cabbage might be a revelation for you.  If you are making Corned Beef and Cabbage or Colcannon this weekend for St. Patrick's Day, you might have some extra cabbage that you don't know what to do with.  Try this.  I bet you might like it!

You don't have to use the fennel or anise seeds, but I like the little crunch and burst of flavor it adds.  Also, the lemon squeeze at the end is optional, but if you've read this blog for a while, you know I try to put lemon on everything.  And you know what?  I never regret it!

So go ahead, take a chance, and try the Roasted Cabbage Wedges.  I eat several at a time, for lunch, when I can.  See the recipe at GCH ... scroll past the Colcannon, it's at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment