Corn is only around during the summer, which means the clock is ticking if you want to make recipes that benefit from fresh corn, as opposed to canned or frozen. This is one salad that really needs the bought it, chopped it, ate it kind of corn!
I love how colorful this salad is - the festive colors even LOOK like summer! And this is a great dish for a potluck or barbecue, because it can be out of the fridge and still taste great (and, uh, not make anyone sick.) This comes together in a flash - try it this weekend with whatever you decide to grill!
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 1 can black beans
- 2 ears corn
- 2 bell peppers (I used one red and one yellow), diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- Rinse the beans and place in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing: mix the ground cumin with the juice of half a lemon. Add the oil and shake, then pour over the beans.
- Slice the corn off the cob, and add it to the beans.
- Add the peppers, cilantro, and onion and stir thoroughly to combine. You may want to add a little salt.